Interactive excel activity that simulates four games of rolling two dice. Originally part of the lesson plan S3 Using Computer Games from the Standards Unit Improving Learning in Mathematics Råsource. Additional interactive excel file plus teacher notes with templates. Also ActivInspire and PowerPoint files and the original Teacher Notes in pdf form.
- simulation of 4 games (addition, difference, maximum and multiple)
- single throws of dice or option to run complete game in one go
- collection of 50 game results for each game
- data collection for classroom use with automatic charting
- sample spaces for each which can show/hide relevant theoretical probabilities
- can be used by teacher and/or pupils
|Excel file||Teacher Notes for Excel file (pdf)|
|ActivInspire Flipchart (includes all other files except PowerPoint)||Teacher Notes (S3 file)|
|PowerPoint||Original software link (may not work)|
For 50 more lessons with ActivInspire files and teaching notes like this from the Standards Unit see here.